Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who are we, and what are we up to?

Battenkill Time Traders is a time bank. 

Here's the short form on time banking:  I spend an hour doing something for someone in the time bank, and I get credit for that hour.  Later when I need something done for me, I can have a member of the time bank do an hour's worth of something for me.  Here's the beauty part of it--it doesn't have to be the person I did something for, it can be anyone in the group. 

What kind of skills will be traded?  Just about anything that's legal, safe, and not weird.  Rototilling?  Yup.  Catsitting?  Sure.  Computer lessons, guitar lessons, cha-cha lessons?  Probably.  How about knitting, mending, weed-pulling, sousaphone seranades.  I wouldn't be surprised.

The point is, BTT is a community, and it takes all kinds to form a community.  Once you get involved, you can uncover all sorts of talents and maybe discover the value of a few talents of your own. 

Whether you take the leap and join us now, or just want to learn more and think about it awhile, keep an eye on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment